Exam Name: Google Ads Search Certification
Exam Link: https://school4seos.com/exam/google-ads-search
Validity: 1 year
Total Questions: 50
Time Limit: 75 minutes
Minimum Required Percentage: 80%
Note: You can take retake exam after 24 hours of completing the exam.
- A golf enthusiast regularly watches instructional videos about golf, has recently searched for the best golf clubs on Google.com, and has researched golf courses on Google Maps.
Which type of Search Audience solution would best reach this individual?
- You’ve seen great results from your Google Search campaigns when using Remarketing Lists for Search Ads. How might you amplify those results?
- You’ve been tasked with marketing a new line of plumbing services, but you have a set budget you can’t exceed.
Why is Google Ads a viable option?
- You’re working on a Google Search Ad that’s not performing as expected. You specifically want more users to click on the ad.
What action might improve the click-through rate on your ad?
- You’re trying to improve an ad’s perceived quality so it performs better during an ad auction.
What change would have the least-positive impact to an ad’s quality?
- Your Google Search text ad has three main components. The first is a headline, and the second is a description.
What’s the third component?
- Your Google Search Ads optimization score is calculated by an algorithm that looks across key aspects of your accounts. This score is used to help give you recommendations on how to optimize your Search Ads campaigns.
What are two of the data sources that are used to calculate optimization recommendations? (Choose two.)
- Your company provides home-maintenance services, and you want to reach more potential customers. You have a limited budget to work with.
Why is Google Ads right for you?
- Your client, Vince’s Veggies, wants to increase downloads of their popular recipe printouts. You suggest they create ad groups based on the cooking categories that appear on their website.
What will they need to create in their first Google Search Ad group? (Choose two.)
- You’d like to improve an ad’s perceived quality during an ad auction. What aspect of the ad will be most beneficial for you to work on?
- You want to increase the relevance of a Google Search Ad so it’s more meaningful to potential customers and provides value-added information to their searches.
What two actions might improve the relevance of your ad? (Choose two.)
- You want to improve the relevance of an ad with a particular set of keywords. The goal is to increase the ad rank of the ad so it gets more exposure.
What action should improve the ad relevance?
- You manage marketing for a small business on a tight budget, yet you need to reach as many people as possible.
How can Google Ads help?
- You can leverage Google Ads’ automated bidding strategy to help get the most from your advertising budget.
What are two benefits of using automated bidding? (Choose two.)
- You are working to improve the quality score of a Google Search ad by increasing your eCTR. Your goal is to have more users click on the ad and ultimately visit your website.
What might increase the number of clicks your ad receives?
- Yan wants to attract customers specifically searching on Google for Time-B-Gone, his company’s unique office-support product. His marketing consultant suggests using Dynamic Search Ads, and knows Yan will need to start with a simple approach.
For vendors like Yan, what’s the simplest method for using Dynamic Search Ads?
- Yan is working on a Remarketing List for Search Ads campaign.
Which user could be added to a valid Remarketing audience list to ensure optimal results?
- With Similar Audiences, which Google product is included when finding new people with similar profiles?
- With Dynamic Search Ads, what does the advertiser provide?
- Why should your business use Performance Planner?
- Why should campaigns with different marketing objectives be separated into different Performance Planner plans?
- Why is using the performance targets feature after utilizing the Performance Planner recommended?
- Why does automating your bid vs. using manual bidding contribute to a successful Google Ads campaign?
- While managing a successful Google Ads campaign, why would you choose automated bidding instead of manual bidding?
- Which user type would the Google Ads system closely match as an Affinity audience?
- Which user data can be uploaded when creating a Customer Match strategy? (Choose two.)
- Which statement is true about serving relevant ad extensions?
- Which Search Audience solution would assist you in finding new customers that share the behaviors and characteristics of your remarketing audience segments?
- Which is required for an ad to be served to a user?
- Which Dynamic Search Ads option allows an advertiser to group web pages under custom labels?
- When visibility is the campaign goal, which bidding strategy should an advertiser choose?
- When should you use Remarketing Lists for Search Ads?
- When running Remarketing Lists for Search Ads campaigns, some audience lists have higher potential to convert leads than others.
Order the audience lists from highest to lowest potential. (The highest potential should be on top.)
- When creating an ad, how does Greg know what it will look like to his potential customers?
- When creating a text ad for the Search Network, advertisers will need to include three distinct components. These include the headline and the URL.
What else must the advertiser include?
- When are automated extensions, such as Seller Ratings, shown?
- What’s the primary benefit of using structured snippet extensions in your ads?
- What’s the maximum number of ad extensions that can show for a particular query or device at any given time?
- What’s an example of an effective callout extension?
- What’s an accurate description of callout extensions?
- What’s a key objective in delivering ad extensions?
- What two ad extension types can also be served as automated ad extensions? (Choose two.)
- What Search Network text ad component provides up to three fields of 30 characters each?
- What is the minimum number of users a remarketing list must have before being used with a Remarketing List for Search Ads campaign?
- What is one way that Performance Planner helps businesses increase sales?
- What is one of the reasons why an advertiser should consider using Performance Planner on a monthly basis?
- What is a valid recommendation that the Performance Planner can provide?
- What is a main benefit of using Search Audience solutions?
- What does Performance Planner automatically do?
- What does layering an Affinity audience with a broad keyword targeting campaign help you do?
- What does adding callout extensions to your Google Search ads enable you to do?
- What content could be used for a structured snippet extension?
- What can the Performance Planner recommend?
- What can the Performance Planner assist you with?
- What are two ways that Performance Planner can help reveal the possibilities across all your Google Ads campaigns? (Choose two.)
- What are two ways Dynamic Search Ads brings value to an advertising campaign? (Choose two.)
- What are two main benefits of using Search Audience solutions? (Choose two.)
- What ad extension is only available as a full automated ad extension?
- Wendy is setting up a Customer Match strategy to reach a list of prospective customers.
What must she provide?
- Using the Performance Planner on a monthly basis allows you to optimize which two aspects of an account? (Choose two.)
- Trina sells dolls and accessories, and doesn’t have much time to update her Search campaigns with her ever-changing inventory.
How can Dynamic Search Ads help Trina?
- Trina is using automated bidding as part of her Google Ads Search bidding strategy.
Why might she prefer automated bidding?
- Trevor owns a manufacturing business that makes specialized hiking and rock-climbing gear. He’s a small player in the market, but he’s ready to scale up his business.
Which Google Ads campaign type should Trevor use to increase his brand’s exposure and reach audiences interested in hiking and rock climbing across the web?
- Tomacz wants to use a Google Search Ads campaign to capture the attention of customers searching for camping equipment online.
What’s a key benefit of a well-managed Google Search Ads campaign?
- Theo is looking to improve his Google Search Ads campaign. On his Google Ads Recommendations page, he notices that his Google Search campaign has an optimization score of 75%.
What does this mean?
- Tara is using Search Audiences to reach her most valuable customers. Which direct benefit might she obtain by using Search Audience?
- Swee Yin’s fashion-apparel department store runs a popular biannual sale on men’s hats, with large discounts and surprise bonus items. She wants to tailor her Google Search campaign to highlight this sale.
How can Google Search campaigns be tailored to promote her company’s sales event? (Choose two.)
- Steven is an advertising executive at a large auto parts company. He uses his Google Ads Recommendations page to help him with strategies to optimize his Google Search Ads campaigns.
One reason Steven values the optimization score is because it makes it possible for him to do what?
- Siona needs to make sure her ads are getting a minimum number of impressions on the top of the page.
What type of automated bidding strategy is Siona using?
- Singh’s marketing company has created an enticing ad that receives many clicks.
What effect will the ad likely have on the Google Ads auction?
- Silly Sayings is seeing a lot of website traffic, but the company wants to generate more qualified leads. They’re interested in trying ad extensions to see if they can increase the number of qualified leads they receive.
In what way can ad extensions assist companies such as Silly Sayings in generating more qualified leads?
- Sarah’s Autos sells multiple automobile brands, showcasing used, pre-owned, and new vehicles. The company’s advertising manager decides to configure a broad matching type for the keyword “automobile,” in order to reach a broader group of potential visitors.
Which two user searches may generate the advertising manager’s ad? (Choose two.)
- Sandy, an expert on Search marketing, knows she should use extensions effectively in order to optimize her Google Ads campaign results.
What’s Google’s recommendation about extensions?
- Sam’s new to Google Search Ads and worries he may not have the skills or time to run a successful ad campaign.
Which two Dynamic Search Ads features will be of help to Sam? (Choose two.)
- Samira recently opened an online potted plant store and needs to promote it. She chose Google Ads because it offers advertisers different campaign types that determine where ads will appear and the format in which they’ll be displayed when viewed.
What Google campaign type will help her reach her most valuable audience?
- Samira has been tasked with increasing the relevance of her company’s ads. She has been told that she can use multiple headline options in her responsive search ads as a way to increase relevance.
How many headlines can Samira include in a single responsive search ad?
- Rina notices that her ad’s average cost per click (CPC) is significantly higher than the industry benchmark. But she’s not seeing improvements in her ad’s position.
What can she do to potentially get a higher ad position?
- Reggie manages the online marketing campaigns for a vitamin and supplement store. He launched a Google Search campaign and chose website traffic as his campaign marketing goal.
Which outcome is Reggie expecting from the campaign?
- Rebecca is a marketing executive at an airline company. She has been asked to plan her company’s online advertising budget on a monthly basis. She’s chosen Google Ads’ Performance Planner to help accomplish this task.
What are two advantages Performance Planner offers Rebecca? (Choose two.)
- Rashid wants to raise awareness of his brand and build campaigns focused on branded terms. He doesn’t have much time to devote to daily bid management, so he decides to use automated bidding to lighten his workload.
What automated bidding strategy should Rashid consider using?
- Priya only has $500 a month to spend on her campaign, but she needs to drive as many potential customers as possible to her website.
What type of automated bidding strategy would be best for Priya’s campaign?
- Pete is the marketing director for an electric car company. He recently chose “leads” as his Google Search campaign marketing goal.
What did he hope to achieve by selecting “leads” as his goal?
- Peggy owns a house-cleaning service. She built a booking website and is ready to promote her services online. She wants her ads to reach people actively looking for businesses similar to hers.
Which Google Ads campaign should Peggy use to make sure potential customers consider her services and take action by booking house cleanings?
- Organize these steps in the correct order to set up an effective Customer Match strategy. (The first step should be on top.)
- Molly wants to clear her remaining stock in preparation for ordering a new line of products to sell. As a result, she’s willing to increase her CPA (cost-per-acquisition) and investment, as long as it means generating more sales.
Her current campaign has a total investment of $25,500, generates 1,500 conversions, and has a CPA of $17. Which plan, built in the Performance Planner, will help Molly with her marketing goal to generate more sales?
- Michael built a high-quality ad with an excellent keyword list. He’s disappointed the ad isn’t being shown as much as he’d like.
What’s a likely reason for his ad not being frequently displayed?
- Match these Search Audience solutions with the benefits they can bring to your campaigns.
- Match each ad extension with the benefit it brings to a user’s ad experience.
- Mary wants to run a text ad on the Google Search Network. She’s new to text ads and needs to start with the basics.
What are the three components of a text ad on the Google Search Network that Mary will need to know?
- Mary is tasked with designing an advertising campaign for her company, an online pet food store and app, and she’s exploring different campaign options.
Which campaign types are available to her in Google Ads?
- Marta’s online store sells accessories for a widely used smartphone, and her current customer base shares a number of relevant characteristics. She believes she’ll have her best return on investment by narrowing her Google Search campaign audience.
Which two Google Search campaign settings can be configured to reach more specific customers? (Choose two.)
- Marta has a tight marketing budget and needs to use a strategy that can drive customers to her website for a set cost.
Which bidding strategy has the potential to meet Marta’s needs?
- Marisol manages the online advertising campaigns for a chain of toy stores with both a physical and an online presence.
Which Google Ads campaign should Marisol use to show images of her products, advertise her company’s online and local inventory of toys, and boost traffic to their website and local toy stores?
- Mario is working on a text ad that will run on the Google Search Network. He filled in each component with the necessary information.
What component asked Mario to highlight unique details about his product and limited the number of characters he could use to two fields of 90 characters?
- Maria has been told that she should use the Performance Planner on a monthly basis.
Why should she do so?
- Marco owns a company that installs smart-home accessories. His employees recently completed specialized training on installing specific units for garage doors. He wants to capitalize on his employees’ new skills.
How could a Google Search campaign benefit his business?
- Lisa sells kitchen furniture through her website. While her sales are stable, she’s concerned that they’re not keeping pace with those of other online furniture stores.
How can a Google Search campaign benefit Lisa’s business?
- Leo is in charge of advertising for the clothing lines of a large manufacturer. He uses his Google Ads Recommendations page to help him evaluate his Search Ads campaigns.
Which feature makes the optimization recommendations valuable for Leo?
- Laverne created her first Google Search campaign for her yoga school. She selects the Google Search Network and by default, Google Search partners.
Which benefit will she gain by appearing on Google Search partners?
- Karen’s washing machine broke, so she’s conducting a search on Google to find a new one. She sees a number of Google Search Ads for washing machines in the results.
Which of the following make up some of the parameters that the Google Search Ads auction uses to determine what ads Karen sees? (Choose two.)
- Karen has evaluated her Google Search Ads campaign’s optimization score after noticing that the campaign’s performance had slipped. The score is much lower than it was a month ago. She accepts an optimization recommendation from the available list.
What will happen to her campaign’s optimization score?
- John’s Plumbing prides itself on excellent customer service, especially during after-hours service calls. They want to connect with people who need emergency plumbing services in the middle of the night.
Which criteria should John’s Plumbing configure to meet this goal?
- John’s company makes a great product and customers are happy with their purchases. Unfortunately, few potential customers visit the company’s website.
What are two ways that responsive search ads could help John’s company reach more potential customers? (Choose two.)
- Jimmy sells televisions on his website. He notices he’s getting traffic from searches for a brand he doesn’t carry, and sets up a negative keyword for that brand.
How does the negative keyword help Jimmy’s advertising campaign?
- Jim has created a Google Search ad with a bid of $5. Two other advertisers in an auction have bids of $2.50 and $2.
How much would Jim pay for the first spot in the auction?
- Jerry’s managing a Google Search campaign and would like to improve the position in which his ads appear. He’s increased his bids, but his ad still isn’t showing at the top of Search results.
What else might he do to improve his Ad Rank?
- Jennifer’s looking to limit the number of people who see her Google Search Ad for an all-inclusive vacation to Paris. She doesn’t want to match with people looking for anything else — just “all-inclusive vacation Paris.” So she limits who sees her ad using exact match type.
Which search terms might match with Jennifer’s ad?
- Jennifer’s company wants to increase online sales of a featured product by connecting with users who are actively researching similar products.
What benefit would a Google Search campaign provide Jennifer?
- Jasmine is the director of marketing for a chain of clothing stores. She’s been given a set budget and needs to drive as many potential customers to her website as possible.
What automated bidding strategy should she use in her campaign?
- Jamie wants to focus on selling her overstocked blue saucepans. She sets up keywords using a broad-match modifier.
What are two ways the broad-match modifier makes Jamie’s work easier? (Choose two.)
- It is 10 a.m. and you are sitting in a train station in London, looking through your calendar on your tablet. You realize you forgot to book a boat ride for your trip to San Francisco to see Alcatraz prison.
Match each signal type with how it is demonstrated in this situation.
- In-Market audiences would be suited to reach which user?
- In-market audiences allow the opportunity to specifically identify what kind of user?
- Ideally, what’s the minimum number of values you should aim for per header when using structured snippet extensions?
- How is using non-last-click attribution conversions useful for Performance Planner forecasts?
- How does automating your bid contribute to a successful Google Ads campaign?
- How can Performance Planner serve your business?
- How can ad extensions contribute to increasing user engagement?
- Helen’s Heating and Air (HHA) wants to encourage interest in their new smart refrigerators. They know that WidgetCo also sells smart refrigerators. HHA’s marketing manager creates the broad match keyword “refrigerator,” and adds “WidgetCo” as a negative keyword.
Which two searches may prompt the ad? (Choose two.)
- Hank wants to use a “Maximize Conversions” campaign with the Performance Planner.
Which recommendation can be provided to Hank by the Performance Planner?
- Google Ads was designed to help businesses achieve online success. To accomplish this, Google Ads was built on three core principles.
What are these principles?
- Google Ads was designed to deliver three things to every advertiser: relevance, control, and results. It provides relevance by connecting advertisers with the right people at the right time. It provides results by charging only when you get a click.
How does Google Ads provide control?
- Google Ads was constructed around three core principles, focused on helping businesses reach their online potential. The first of these is relevance. Google Ads connects businesses with the right people at the right time.
Upon which other principles was Google Ads built?
- Google Ads reviews saved text ads to ensure they meet advertising policies before being shown to users.
What criteria are reviewed by Google Ads?
- Google Ads offers a variety of campaign types that determine where your ad will appear and the format in which it will be displayed.
What are the available campaign types?
- Ginger’s working on creating her first Google Search Ad. She wants to create an inviting and relevant ad, so potential customers will respond favorably.
To earn user clicks, Ginger should focus on creating an ad that _____. (Choose two.)
- Gina wants to be able to try out multiple combinations of headlines and descriptions in order to optimize her results. Her marketing department suggests that she use responsive search ads.
What are two benefits Gina could derive from using responsive search ads? (Choose two.)
- Francis wants to increase his Google Ads skills and optimize results for his clients.
What two best practices should Francis adopt? (Choose two.)
- Francine is advertising her company’s newest video-editing software and related products. She knows that best practice is to create 3-5 ads in each of her Search Ad groups.
Why does Google make this recommendation?
- Each Similar Audience has its seed list members removed to ensure what?
- Clara is an advertising director who has been tasked with optimizing her company’s Google Search campaign.
How can Clara use the optimization score to benefit her campaign?
- Carrie owns a gardening store and uses a website to promote all the products she sells. A user saw a Google Search ad for one of her products.
What might the user have been doing?
- Carlton runs an adventure excursion company in South America. He’d like to increase the number of people booking his tours.
Which activity will lead potential customers to Carlton’s company through Google Search ads?
- Brian manages his company’s Google Search Ads campaign. He regularly reviews the optimization score to make his Google Search campaign as effective as possible.
What is Brian’s optimization score based upon?
- Brenda’s working on improving a Google Search Ad’s quality score so it potentially gets a better ad rank and performs better in the ad auction.
What change to Brenda’s ad might improve the Ad Rank?
- Bob’s electronics company is launching the sale of a new television, UltraView1000. Bob decides to use phrase match in his Search Ads campaign because he wants searches that contain UltraView1000 to show his ad.
How else will phrase match benefit Bob’s campaign?
- Bob’s electronics company is launching a new television called UltraView1000. Bob decides to use broad match in his Search Ads campaign with the keyword “television.”
How will broad match benefit Bob’s campaign?
- Bob’s electronics company has quite a buzz around a new television they’re launching, called UltraView1000. This television is equipped with an accessibility feature that lets voice commands it. Bob decides to use broad match modifier in his Search Ads campaign with the keywords “television,” “accessible,” and “voice.”
Which benefit does broad match modifier give Bob’s Search Ads campaign?
- Bernadette’s in charge of marketing a new product in a highly competitive segment. She’s planning to launch a Google Search campaign as part of her overall strategy.
What value can be recognized by launching a Google Search campaign?
- Ben is currently managing a campaign that has a total investment of $7,000, generates 1,400 conversions, and has a CPA (cost-per-acquisition) of $5. Ben needs to sell excess inventory. To meet this goal, he’s willing to increase his CPA and campaign investment.
Which of the following plans, built in the Performance Planner, will assist Ben in achieving his marketing goal of selling excess inventory?
- Automated bidding does the heavy lifting for advertisers on Google Ads. What does automated bidding use to set the right bid for every auction?
- Asam is learning about Google Ads Search. He wants to know why a marketer might use callout extensions.
For which activity are callout extensions beneficial?
- As an advertiser, creating your first text ad in Google Ads is a simple five-step process.
Arrange the five steps in order, with the first step on top.
- As a digital strategist, Jared wants to add something extra to his ads to give users more incentive to click and convert. He’s considering using the two optional field paths in the URL component of the ad, but needs to be certain his messaging will fit.
How many total characters can he use in each of these optional paths?
- An advertising executive takes over a Google Search ads campaign. On his Google Ads Recommendations page he notes that the campaign’s optimization score is 40%.
What does this score indicate?
- Alex has started a Google Search campaign designed to promote his online motorcycle accessories store. His store focuses on custom helmets.
How might Google Search Ads provide value to Alex?
- After running a Google Search Ads campaign for several months, Meredith notices sales of her advertised products are starting to lag. She checks her Google Ads Recommendations page and notices that her campaign’s optimization score is 22%.
What does this score tell Meredith about her Google Search Ads campaign?
- Ad extensions assist in providing users with which two things they want from their search experience? (Choose two.)
- A water-sports company specializes in custom-made watercrafts and accessories.Their marketing manager decides to use the broad-match keyword, “boat.” The manager then adds “paddle” as a broad-match modifier.
Which two searches may prompt the marketing manager’s ad? (Choose two.)